Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ruger #1 best trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
bowman,
I put a Kiplinger (Not sure about the spelling) trigger on my #1 and Its just great....Its a set trigger and I believe made in Australia. You can push it forward to "set" it and the pull weight I'm using is 14 oz. When not "set", its still only about 2 lbs. I had several options and the g/smith recommended this trigger above all others for the #1.....Never had any problems with it.....

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keplinger is a goody, Mowry is okay but a little creep I never could clear up. I think Timney make one as well, not sure. Somebody else makes one anyway, sure of that.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

bowman,
I put a Kiplinger (Not sure about the spelling) trigger on my #1 and Its just great....Its a set trigger and I believe made in Australia.

Similar spelling but it's Kepplinger from Austria, not Australia. Brownells stocks them.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canjar makes a good trigger and they are easily installed.

Posts: 193 | Location: Laramie, Wyoming | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have a Canjar single-set on one of my No. 1's, and it is great! It is perfect unset, (a crisp 2.5 pounds)which is the way I use it most of the time!