New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Interlock Single Shot Pistol bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering using their 180gr spire point in a 357 MAX H&R Handi rifle for eastern whitetail. Anyone know what velocities they are designed to work at? Someone at the H&R sight said they are made very thin skinned for XP-100s and the like and wouldn't perform well in the Handi. I suppose I could call Hornady, they make the dern things

Thanks,
Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that info is listed in the Hornady reloading manual, don't have it here at work, but maybe someone could look it up for you, if not, I'll look it up and post after work. It was designed for 357 max, herrett and 35 remington velocity ranges.

btw, It is a great bullet!!

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I use the seating stem from my .35 Remington die set, it is properly formed. You/I can buy another but I also use FP bullets in my Max and so will switch the stem back and forth as required.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same idea, but the largest caliber die set I have with the correct style plug is 7mm rem mag and it falls straight through the 357 die. I just got off the phone with Lee and they want $8 (no shipping charge) for the plug, I just have to provide a sample bullet.

Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked it up, recommended velocity for the bullet is 1600-2400 fps. Just what you need.

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote