New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bertram Brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've never heard ONE good thing about Bertram Brass. Not One!

So what do you do if Bertram is the ONLY maker of the caliber you are interested in? Just exactly what is wrong with it?

Please let me know.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:

So what do you do if Bertram is the ONLY maker of the caliber you are interested in? Just exactly what is wrong with it?

Please let me know.

They make brass for rifles that not a lot of other folks cater too.

It's spendy.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive used bertram with success in black powder calibers.

In 577-500 #2 express it was actually pretty consistant.

I think that they may have heard some of the complaints and gotten better in recent years.

Posts: 152 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GAHUNTER,
Often said to be soft, sometimes also missing primer flash-holes, can also be dimensionally incorrect. Whether that criticism applies to all their cases I dont know. I know people that have experienced similiar issues with MAST brass. I think anytime you go semi-custom then there is the potential for problems as these guys dont have the resources available to the large manufacturers.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I used Bertram for my .45-110 Sharps. I found the brass to be adequate but inconsistent. Better than not having brass though.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
in my 8mm X .425WR X 2.5
I find them too soft. thumbdownroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:

So what do you do if Bertram is the ONLY maker of the caliber you are interested in?.

I recon you use it, or make your own, or just use the gun for decoration........

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote