Notify
Tools

Barnes TSX against TTSX
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jan
posted
Load Development Barnes TSX versus TTSX

The last years I shot the TSX, but I want to switch to the TTSX.
I know the best method is to start all over the whole load development, but I wonder if it could be acceptable to begin with my 'old' results and perhaps enter some minor corrections in charge, per exemple. Has anyone met the same 'problem'?
My former load for my Remington Sendero .270 Winchester: RWS brass, CCI br primers, H 4831sc 59.5 grains, freerun .063", TSX 130 grains, gave me a 'field'-MOA of .60 (10-shot). No benchrest, over the hood of my truck.
Thank you, nice day,
Jan.

Posts: 113 | Location: Terschelling, the Netherlands | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
I can't give you experience just yet on the TTSX vs the TSX load differences but I can with the MRX. I worked up a TSX load for my 338-378 Wby using the old Barnes X bullet data with no pressure signs even a bit past max. Once I found a load for the TSX that the rifle liked I used the same exact load for the MRX with the same results, at least across the chronograph... The accuracy was about the same...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan
posted Hide Post
Ken, thanks. I tried the TTSX with the same gap as the TSX, over 59.5, 60 and 60.5 grains H4831sc. The TTSX has 4 rings in the shank against 3 of the TSX. Now the 60 grains charge the barrel liked best, velocity 3168 fps, 4 yards from the muzzle, against 3112 fps of the TSX. Accuracy of the TTSX a bit better.
Nice day,
Jan

Posts: 113 | Location: Terschelling, the Netherlands | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote