Find
Notify
Tools

Loomis won't ship powder now
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted
I just found out yesterday that my RL19 won't be comming. The shop I deal with says the couriers won't ship powder now. He has none of the powder I use in stock any more so I have to go to the other shop in town and buy up his stock. When he's out I have to start travelling to other towns and cities. It's getting worse day by day up here in canada.
Any one in Canada have some useful input on this?
Anyone know a courier that will ship powder?
I would like to help my friends shop also.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
We here will soon start to feel the changes to lose things we have taken for granted.
First UPS and others placed a ridiculous fee for hauling "hazardous" smokeless powder and now BATF slipped in a little rule to take affect this spring. [Frown]

Unfortunately law abiding citizens take it and those who chose to violate laws just ignore or go around any new laws that come up.

LouisB

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
and now BATF slipped in a little rule to take affect this spring. [Frown]

What rule is that? Another thread established that there is NO new licensing requirement.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I takled with another shop owner and it seems that Loomis has confused smokless powder with black powder. Black powder is classified diferent.
Now we have to wait and hear their response.
I can buy my powder elsewhere but I think my friend is getting screwed.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Don't panic like I did Canadians.
It was just a misunderstanding by Loomis. They did confuse smokeless with black powder.
I picked up my RL19 today.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
TCLouis
It is every thinking American's duty to avoid, subvert,ignor each and every stupid law, regulation, etc.
I do it every April 15th etc.
Just remember it's not what you do it's what you call it.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote