Notify
Tools

Extending case life
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
... GREATLY appreciated!!! This is the very reason why this sight is one of if not the first one I go to when I get home from work, thanks again guys and gals!!
Me too! thumb
And folks such as yourself as well! beer

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond to my questions...

I never tire of hearing that. I'm sure the others do too.

I know I might sound like preaching when I mention AR's search or find function but there are literally years of knowledge on this forum. Don't cheat yourselves by not utilizing it. More likely than not, your question has been asked before and answered before by someone who isn't logged in on the specific day you're asking it now. Don't miss out on past answers. They might be explained in more depth or a different way.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can put off buying one of those expensive Gracey powered case trimmers since case trimming should be kept to a minimum. I can prolly get by with a good wilson with the sinclair extras!

take a look at lee's trimmer; you can spend a shitload of money if you want, but it is hardly necessary.

even hornady and dillon sluts use it and it and report outstanding results.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cobrajet, why don't you just partial-length resize with your full-length dies? This will lengthen case life tremendously and ensure the cases will go in the chamber out in the field in dirty conditions. Just back the F-L die out one full turn and check the cases in your chamber. If they are too tight to close the bolt, just start turning in the die 1/8th at a time until you are happy with the fit. The sharpshooters say you need 1/2 of the bullet diameter of the neck resized to properly hold the bullet, but I've seen as little as 1/4th. Just depends on you and your chamber/rifle. Works great. I don't own any neck sizing dies.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
quote:
I can put off buying one of those expensive Gracey powered case trimmers since case trimming should be kept to a minimum. I can prolly get by with a good wilson with the sinclair extras!

take a look at lee's trimmer; you can spend a shitload of money if you want, but it is hardly necessary.

even hornady and dillon sluts use it and it and report outstanding results.

Ditto on the Lee trimmer. The best I've seen.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
FLRS & Neck sizing with standard dies works the neck the same. Bushing dies are the only way to not over work the neck on sizing. When flrs, control your flrs die adjustment by using a RCBS Precision Mic. The Redding Type S flrs bushing die lets you do both in one operation.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote