Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading Data Log
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to reloading. I am presently looking for a good log book to use in my reloading. I am also considering purchasing a Reloading CD program. Any suggestions for the best log book and reloading program?

Thanks in advance,

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I use a home made log sheet I did on excel for my notes. Have a place for the pertanent data, charge, bullet, COL, ect and a small place to include a line or two of anything you feel you should note about the load or conditions when tested. I haven`t any experiance with the various reloading vidios, sorry.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use spiral bound notebookes. One dedicated to each rifle I own. Maybe not the most elegant solution but it works. I record data as follows:

Brass - brand and trim length
Powder - type and charge weight
primer - brand and type
Bullet
C.O.L.
Loaded date and quantity loaded
Shot date
Velocity if I'm chronographing the particular load

I usually also record conditions such as temp. wind etc...

And I have plenty of room for notes and observations as well.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
5x7 spiral bound notebooks.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about signing up for that Barnes Reloading Data CD. It seems to explain trajectory, etc. at various yards. I know there are several on line but I just didn't know which would be the most user friendly.

I found me some loading data sheets. I'll make me some notebooks. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

You can download this freeware ballistics program that allows you to record reloading data and group sizes. Print off and store in a ring binder.
http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=News&topic=4

Regards

Mark

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
2nd hand lion, go to this site they have a very good log sheet you can download and print for both jacketed and cast bullets. It is superior to the sheets I bought with a reloading log book.
http://www.surplusrifle.com/reloading.asp

page down half way, you will find them as well as excellent data and info. best of luck JB

aka JBMauser

Posts: 13 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 11 September 2006Reply With Quote