New
Find
Notify
Tools

JDS Quick Loader Powder Measure/Thower.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been using a JDS Quick Loader for a couple of years now. I really like it. I load everything on it from 204 Ruger to.585.
Does any one here use a one of these powder throwers/measures?

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Someone gave me an old Lee powder thrower and, as someone who has spent decades using makeshift measures, I am impressed. If the JDS is as good as this old thing, it is OK, too.

Posts: 5115 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with the old Lee powder thrower but, I do think that Lee stuff was always under rated. Please google JDS Quick Measure sometime, and see what you think. I like it when a small outfit comes up with something different.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sambarman:

I had half dozen Lee powder measures.
I nearly burned my house down from them
because they ALL leaked powder in use.
Be careful and watch for it.

Wish I'd thought of it in time. I gave 'em away,
where I could have sent them to Lee for a refund.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My Quick Measure is used for IMR4350 mostly. It is amazingly consistent with large extruded powders. It's only draw back is setup time. That's why it's not use as frequently for a variety of powders as is the Lee Classic, now called the Deluxe.
I collect PMs. I now have 11 different PMs. The Quick Measure is the only one of the 11 that consistently delivers accurate IMR 4350 charges drop after drop. I've not use it for flake powders so I can't comment as to its consistency with them.

Posts: 10 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 01 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
daboone , That's interesting. I find the same thing. I am getting a bit faster on the set up time.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Sambarman:

I had half dozen Lee powder measures.
I nearly burned my house down from them
because they ALL leaked powder in use.
Be careful and watch for it.

Wish I'd thought of it in time. I gave 'em away,
where I could have sent them to Lee for a refund.

George

This one doesn't seem to leak but powder on the table is not unusual when I reload. I throw each load into the pan, to be be sure ... to be sure, but most come out pretty close. What added the flame to your predicament?

Posts: 5115 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote