New
Find
Notify
Tools

75 grain V-MAX in 25-06
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience loading this in 25-06. I was thinking it would make an excellent varmit round but can't find ANY reloading data anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Hollywood

Posts: 286 | Location: Capitol City TX | Registered: 06 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never actually shot any varmints with it in mine, but if its terminal permformance is anything like its accuracy, It ought to do nicely. Most accurate bullet I've found yet in my Ruger V/T. Though the 100 gr Nosler BT comes close. I just used the date in the Sierra manual for their 75 gr hp, backed off a bit and worked up till I hit accuracy (my main goal). Once I got the accuracy I was after, I stopped. Well short of Sierra's maximum. The Hornady manual WILL have data, though.

Coot

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sendero loves them mollied with I4350, as with most loads this rifle liked a couple grains less than max so a little slow if your a hot rodder. Went to them as my calling isn't the best and it hits a coyote at a long way out like a sledge hammer.

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am not sure why you cannot find any loading data for the 75 grain V-Max in the 25-06 cartridge. I opened up my number 5 edition of the Hornady manual and flipped right to it. On page 212 there are eight powders listed for use with this combination.

Having said that, I have had best luck with the 75 grain V-Max in my 25-06 using a load of 57 grains of IMR 4831. This load gives nearly 3600 fps in my rifle and produces half inch groups.
I have tried more powder and can get more speed, but the groups start to open up.

This is a great varmint bullet for the 25 caliber.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.predatormasters.com
go to this site and do a search under forums and then firearms and reloading.
Your question has been asked quite a few times in that forum and lots of loads and info are available there.
I would give you my load data here also but I don't have it with me.

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloader 19 works great with the 75 vmax in my ruger77. There is some loading data right here at accurate reloading
web page

Posts: 178 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 February 2001Reply With Quote