Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.25 wssm bullets
 Login/Join

posted
I bought this caliber for my son to deer hunt with and can not find the 120 gr positive expanding point bullets for this gun anywhere, can someone tell me where to find this load or bullets so i can reload myself, or would a 120 gr hollow point or bthp be a better bullet, I'm not crazy about the accu-bond or ballistic silvertip, unless thats my only choice

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I very much love my A-Bolt 25WSSM. Good with 120gr Sierra's but I've had great success on deer and paper with the 110gr Accubond. Great bullet.

posted Hide Post
steve4201, thanks for the links, i will def. check these out, dont know what is going on with winchester but i wish there was a way to buy just an pep bullet that i can reload myself, my son took his first deer of the MS deer season today with his 25 wssm with a 120 gr pep bullet and the damage was horrific. shot it through the shoulder and exited behind the opposite shoulder the size of a quarter. biscut what does the accubond do on deer, i have 2 boxes of them but have been scared to hunt with them for fear of not knowing what they do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drops em!! Mostly pass throughs with the 110 AB. I did recover one, it shattered the shoulder, boounced around and would up in off shoulder. Weight was IIRC about 80% of original weight. Odd shaped after bouncing around but expanded very well with sharp petals.

One of Us
Picture of br6ppc1
posted Hide Post
I will second the Nosler Accubonds. They work great in my A-Bolt. Deer to Varmints.

Posts: 92 | Location: Eastman, GA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered another ten boxs of my best shooting bullet for my .257 Wby and 25 WSSM. Nosler Partition in 120 grains, cosmetic blems at that for $12.95 a box. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote