Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handloader DVD Set
 Login/Join

posted
Finally broke down and bought the complete Handloader DVD set. It has every issue from day one till Dec 2011 and I love it. If anyone has the set how do I load it on my computer's hard drive so I can search subjects?

Right now I am looking at each issue but I would like to be able to search a specific topic like remington 700 or Ruger Mark 1 etc.

It says that you can do it but I think I am loading it onto the hard drive wrong and it is not indexing correctly. Any help would be great.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is supposed to be an index. Is the index seperate from the magazine copies?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I called the publisher and they sent me the missing instruction sheet.

Man these DVD's are excellent. I can search for .455 and every issue that mentions it from day 1 will come up and I can cut and paste into word if I want for a "go to file". Really cool.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I believe this would be an excellent resource to a handloader. I've been a subscriber to Handloader for 12 years and the DVD would certainly be easier to search than several binders worth of magazines.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:
I believe this would be an excellent resource to a handloader. I've been a subscriber to Handloader for 12 years and the DVD would certainly be easier to search than several binders worth of magazines.

I have subscribed to Handloader beginning with about Issue #30. I have purchased the previous copies except for #19 and #28. Searching the paper magazines is a drag.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote