New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want info on the Lyman Autoscale.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any experience with this scale grealt appreciated. It seems to be a good idea, but before I lay out a $180.00, I want some feedback on the contraption. How well does it work? Is it accurate? Will it pay to retire my RCBS 1010 that has served me well and slow for 20 + years?

I weigh every charge.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
RogerK -- I use the Lyman Autoscale and have for years, I love it. I have the regular balance beam scale, I also have a RCBS Digital dispencer with electronic scale. I like the Autoscale best because you don't have to calibrate it each time you use it, like the digital. I keep my most often used powder in the autoscale, my second most used in the digital. With the autoscale I can have a load in 9 seconds. Give it a try you will like it. Good luck and good shooting. [Wink]

[ 05-31-2002, 16:53: Message edited by: phurley ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I could never get mine to work properly (my mechanical inaptitude??). It was a 110V version that I ran via a separate power supply (220V -> 110V). Don't know if this was the problem??

The device did not seem to produce consistent charges (at all - wildly varying!)

Ended up buying the RCBS dispenser/scale combo. Have been very happy with this product for large grain (extruded?) propellants - is a bit slow, though.

FWIW - mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I got one of these when they were originally produced by AMT, and before Lyman bought the rights. I had the same experience as the previous poster. I returned it several times but it never did work properly. Finally I requested my money back, which they graciously did. I'm kind of a nut about scales and even with a scientific among those seven or eight I have, I prefer the Pact (or RCBS) digital with trickler system. Very precise, as measured by the scientific, rapid and trouble free.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote