New
Find
Notify
Tools

140 gr Tripple shock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up the first 2 boxes of 7mm 140gr triple shock bullets to come into Calgary. I am currently shooting a conventional 140gr XBT with Varget in my 7mm-08, this load is extremely accurate. I would like to maintain the accuracy that I have achieved with the XBT, but take advantage of the velocity increases of the TSX. Do you have any reloading suggestions for this bullet and Varget powder? How much more powder can I use?

thanks

Thomas Kuehrt

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't help now, but I am also thinking about using the 140 Triple for my 7mm-08.

I would love to hear how it works out for you. Please post your results on this thread when you have them!

Thanks,
Burro

Posts: 56 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 12 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to the tech at Barnes about loading the new bullets. He said to start with a near max load for the standard X bullets and work up slowly to find the max load for the Triple Shocks. It will probably be 1-3 grains higher. However, the charge will be less than the XLC coated bullets of the same weight. In 7mm-08 the standard Barnes X bullet load with Varget is 36.5- 40.5 (max) grains for 2467-2737 fps. For the XLC, the max is 43.5 grains. I would guess that your max load with Varget for the Triple Shocks would be around 42.0 grains.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote