Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cases trimmed too far
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I hope someone will be able to help, I made a mistake with trimming win 25 06 brass and have trimmed about 10 thou too much off. Does anyone see this as being a problem?
cheers.

Posts: 7 | Location: wheatbelt wa | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
You will just get a extra firing before you have to trim again, shoot away.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a general rule, the SAMMI minimum length is .010 below the "Trim to" length, which in turn is .010 under the SAMMI Maximum length.
IOW you trimmed to the minimum length, so no problem.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are the bullets falling out?

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
I did that once with my 223 mini-14. Those cases never did grow and I could swear they produced less accuracy. That didn't put me off using them 'though. (1.25 MOA groups with longer necks).
quote:
Are the bullets falling out?
Well put! Smiler

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer39:
Hello, I hope someone will be able to help, I made a mistake with trimming win 25 06 brass and have trimmed about 10 thou too much off. Does anyone see this as being a problem?
cheers.

Only .010???
Your chamber is probably .040 too long in the neck. Just shoot them tow or 3 times with your usual load and they will probably be back to normal length.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote