New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 H&H Neck Die
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a neck sizer die along the lines of the redding bushing dies for the 375HH. I want to get away from using an expander ball, I tried taking the one off of my FL die and it sized the neck down to much. Anyone know of some type of neck sizer die that would suite my needs.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee collet die works great.

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lee Collet Die suggested above loads very straight ammo at a very reasonable cost. It is not very good at controlling neck tension, so is best used with new(-ish) or annealed cases.

If all you want is to be able to size without the use of an expander, Forster will modify one of their FL dies to the internal neck diameter you specify. Cost: die plus $10 plus shipping. (You can buy the die on-line and ship to Forster for less than their official price of the die).

Hornady will make you a complete custom die off your fired cases - including a specified neck diameter - for about $75.

I know the last two dies are FL, and they will probably make your cases grow a bit more than a NS. However, be careful of conventional NS dies, they have a tendency of producing a lot of runout - Collet Die excluded.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote