New
Find
Notify
Tools

First go with a Lee Loader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just made my first loads with my 6.5x55 Lee Loader kit that I have had for years.

I've loaded at my friend's place before because he has the press, scale, etc., but I finally realized I had all the components on hand here to finally utilize my kit and the box of 140 grain bullets I've had for 30 years (not kidding).

So now I have to wait for a range day to shoot 'em and see how they land on the paper.

I have 10 rounds made at my buddy's with the same components too, so that'll be fun to compare.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not too long ago, Benchrest shooters were setting records with kits quite similar to the Lee.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hub,

I remember mine, too w/a Lee .38 Spl. loader; thought my revolver was gonna blow up on me - magic this reloaded stuff? Huh?

Glad you mad the move, can't wait to hear the afteraction report.
tu2

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one for 32 Spl that I bought when I was in HS 40+ years back. I still have it and still use it on occassion.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used a lyman 310 tool for years and some Lee loaders. Brought a press years ago and never looked back. Still have the 310 and lee loaders but never use them.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got started reloading with a Lee Loader in 30/06 for my Remington 760. What started out as a way to save some money turned into a full blown hobby.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Those damn Lee loaders are the equivalent to crack dealers giving out free samples at the school playground- "Hey, look at me! I just got a reloader for less than $10, look at all the money I'm going to save now!"

Then it turns into one of those spirals of pictures you see on the internet where some attractive woman has mug shots posted over the years, only the picture would be of my wallet getting more and more empty and worn out from use....

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Started with a 12 ga Lee loader in 1967, and a 357 mag and 25/06 in 1974.
I have moved on to more advanced tools but those Lees worked well.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
I love it started a month ago under the tutorship of an old hand and the rifles never shot better. It was the part I was missing in shooting. It can make the old magic come back into old guns when you hand load for just them. I agree it is a kin to crack you just keep wanting to shrink the groups more and more.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I too started with a Lee Loader in 7X57 somewhere about 40 years ago. I still have it as well as several others and still use them on occasion. One of them loaded some ammo that a cousin fired a group that could be covered completely with a dime. Still have that loader as well as the rifle.

Chris112

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been using a LEE loader since 1988, one year after I got my 44MAG and found out how over priced factory loads where and still are. Loaded 44Mag(180grn-300grn WFNGC_JHP hot loads to too many 44SPL 240grn loads) to count. plus 45LC and 45ACP. Have no isssue w/ quality or accuracy. I primarily load 44MAG loads and I really don't know how many I have reloaded. Have over a thousand loaded now and keep on loading w/ no issues. Have used my trapper to kill alot of critters, at including a heart shot perfect sized pig(100lbs)at approx. 85yds w/ open sights(pretty damn good w/ my old ass eyes). 300grn Castcore WFNGC/over 19grn of H110, w/ CCI 350 primer, cut a hole thru it like a drill bit. Ran about 10 yds and bled out. yum, yum on the grill. I think LEE is a great product.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Lee Loader in 45 Colt got me into this too. I wish I had one for all my guns just as a way to develop loads at the range. I think theyre great.

Posts: 141 | Location: FL to WV | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
A Lee Loader for .30-06 got me started into reloading back in . . . . I can't remember for sure.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The first centerfire cartridge I ever owned was a .221 Fireball. The day I bought it, I also purchased one of the Target Loader kits with all the tools to reload. It came with a reamer to ream the inside of the necks, hand primer seater, deburring tool, etc. That was almost 40 years ago and I still use the kit to reload for the XP-100. (I've bought and traded other XP's but still have the first one!)

I also use a .243 Winchester set to inside neck ream cases after I run .308 brass through a full length die to make .243 cases. Ditto for my .25-06. .270 brass doesn't need inside neck reamed, but 30-06 makes .25-06 brass with necks that need reaming, or outside neck turning. Most of my reloading dies that I use, are Lee Collet dies in a Lee hand press. It makes a good setup to work up varmint loads at the range.

Hal

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: 17 March 2011Reply With Quote