New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOSS Setting for M70 30-06 w/180gr bullet
 Login/Join

<1moa3006>
posted
For some reason Winchester left out a BOSS setting for a 180 grain bullet in 30-06. They give settings for 125, 150, 165, and 220 grain bullets but nothing for the 180. Go figure!?!
Would anyone happen to have come up with a good BOSS setting for a 180 grain bullet?

TIA

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Gee, you want us to cook your diiner and clean your house as well?

You've got the gun, you've got the ammo, you've got the BOSS...go out to the range and experiment!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<1moa3006>
posted
Gee ricciardelli, I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the forum. Here I thought it was to exchange information and to allow ourselves to learn from one another's triumphs and mistakes. What was I thinking by trying to save a few boxes of ammo and not reinventing the wheel. Silly me.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hey Pal,
in my opinion, the best setting is OFF the gun. really, try it at the 150 setting, and then turn it right until it hits. I saw targets billy carter had shot with it, when it first came out, of 1/2 turn, and the groups moved.
Of course, the boss is based off the french sniper rifle, that is tuned by the armourer every 500 rounds.. that would be FN, which owns usrac, browning, and savage.

good shooting, and look at rl 22 loads for the 180s.
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Peter Walker>
posted
On a Browning 30/06 the BOSS setting for 180 gr was 5.2

...Peter