New
Find
Notify
Tools

130grs Scirocco II, in my 6,5x55.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I cant get these bullets to group good enough in my rifle. The groups are aprox. 4-5"!! Roll Eyes
Other bullets with the same shape and weight performs nicely, but not this one.

Any others out there with any experiece to share?

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Arild: I haven't tried the new Siroccos, but I get excellent accuracy in my .256 Newton (6.5)
with the plain Hornady 129 gr. Interlock. Also,
others I know have used the 129 gr. 6.5 Hornadys, and also got very good results of accuracy. Plus,
that bullet in my .256 Newton killed 2 nice Antelope easily...1 shot each. I also have gotten very good accuracy from the new Nosler Accubond
bullets, as well as other expert riflement found they work very well...but I don't think they make them in 6.5 They work great in my .280 Newton (7mm).
Best Regards,
Tom from High Mountains of Wyoming

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arild: ps. You could convert that 6.5x55 Swede
caliber to a healthy .256 Newton & then really have something!

Best Regards,

Tom from Cody

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello my friend, Tom!
I have a box of those Interlock's too, but I'd like to have some medium weight bonded bullets for my caribou-hunt.
I also have a rifle chambered for 6,5-06, which is quite similar to the 256 Newton, but the rifle is quite heavy comperad to the 6,5-55 I have. And since I'll be walking around in the mountains I really want to have as less weight as possible to carry.
I sure would have liked the ballistics of the -06 here on these open plains, but not the weight.
I have to check out some more powders and loads for it, or I simply have to use the Hornady. I'm sure the Hornady will do the job to, but maybe with some more meat for the crows. Wink

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote