Find
Notify
Tools

Pulling WSM .243 & 300 bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
I have tried my Kinetic bullet puller for these cases they don't hold and slide and jamb in the puller.
Does anyone make a Kinetic puller that works for the .243 & 300 WSM

I am trying work up a load for a Winchester Coyote lite in 300 WSM with no luck and I want to pull them apart to change the powder charge.
My Remington 300 Mag will shoot a 5/8" or less 3 shot group at 100 yards if I do my part.
So far the best I can get out of the Coyote lite is 2" at 100 yards for a 3 shot group.
I have been using a Hornady & Nosler manual with the most accurate charge listed for 150gr bulets the primer is flowing back into the firing pin hole but no more than a factory load.

Since bullets are hard to find shooting them out is not a option.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I used a kintic puller for years. Best I had was the dillion. However when my last one split in half I went to a collet puller and will never go back.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Collet puller for me, unless I've got just a couple to pull.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Side cutters is what I use and my single station press

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I put a shellholder on the rim, put it in the kinetic puller and give it the "whack", never fails to dispense powder and bullet.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seat the bullets slightly deeper to break them loose and then pull them using a shell holder on top of your kinetic puller.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Side cutters is what I use and my single station press

If the bullets were cheap quality I would use pliers & side cutters.

But I will be pulling Accubonds & SST's

Swede

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
Seat the bullets slightly deeper to break them loose and then pull them using a shell holder on top of your kinetic puller.

I have tried using a Shell holder but it won't stay in place without tightening it every whack but it does get the job done.

I am looking for a kinetic puller made for WSSM & WSM shells.

Thanks for your suggestion

Swede

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 22 May 2013 02:44 Hide Post
I used a kintic puller for years. Best I had was the dillion. However when my last one split in half I went to a collet puller and will never go back.

+1

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Thank everyone for all for the replies.
I am starting a new post with a request on collet bullet pullers.

Swede

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
What Snellstrom said. I found a holder for the WSM's & ordered it from Midway. Got screwed on the shipping. Then some "wag" on the board here suggested the shell holder trick. It works fine.
Wish I had known about it beforehand.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear in Fairbanks:
What Snellstrom said. I found a holder for the WSM's & ordered it from Midway. Got screwed on the shipping. Then some "wag" on the board here suggested the shell holder trick. It works fine.
Wish I had known about it beforehand.
Bear in Fairbanks

That is a "wag"?

Swede

NRA Life Member