New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3-62 data needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for reloading data for the 9.3-62 for 250 grain bullets. I just visited Hodgdon's website and didn't find any modern pressure loads. My 9.3-62 is a VZ-24 and IMO capable of at least 60,000 PSI loads.

Can someone help me here.

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You can use a medium burning powder like 4350 which is all I use in the 9.3x62, and work up. I have no loads for the 250 grainer, though.

Posts: 17264 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I have found the info I was looking for on Nosler's website.

It also seems to benefit with the use of Winchester large rifle magnum primers.

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with Ramshot Big Game which meters really well. You might check their website for load data.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolltop I have a couple 9.3x62's and with the 250 gr bullets they both like IMR 4320. Best groups and velocity close to the top. RL 15 is also good.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
In my experience Ramshot Big Game is the powder for the 9.3x62, I've not loaded 250 grains but down to 270 grains the accuracy and velocity are great.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Now, just to be honest, I just started loading 9.3 x 62...using 53.5g H4895 topped by a 250g Hornady GMX. Not a max load; about 20% above a starter Load. No idea of velocity, but recoil is less than my 06 and way less than my 270

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using Varget for the 250gr Nosler 250gr Ballistic Tips. 55.5grs with WLR primers in RWS cases will give me 2400fps. I'm not after top velocities, but rather accuracy. This load will put 3 under an inch in my rifle.

Posts: 39 | Location: Over there | Registered: 26 April 2015Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Rolltop, hit me with a PM. I'll give you a link for a big data base of 9.3x62 data for a ton of bullets and powders, including 250grs.

Posts: 7 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 07 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
All that I needed to do was Google 60k loads for the 9.3x62 with 250 grn Accubonds

Several good reads

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Send me your email by PM and I will end you lots of published articles & load info. Alt least 12 to 15 members on AR have got this from me.

I use AR 2208 (Varget) as the best powder. Far better than Re15 for 250 or 286 gr bullets.

Some people swear by Re17. I have not tried it.

What do you intend to hunt with it?

If you are looking at deer or elk rifle, fine.

I would recommend Barnes TSX or TTSX.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11188 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesStart with Wehlen loads and work up until you are happy. beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmitty133:
Rolltop, hit me with a PM. I'll give you a link for a big data base of 9.3x62 data for a ton of bullets and powders, including 250grs.

pm sent