New
Find
Notify
Tools

IMR/Hodgdon 4350 for BAR?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you who reload for a BAR, is 4350 too slow of a powder to use? I do not want to create excessively high port pressures. I will either be reloading for a 30-06 or a .300 WSM after a determine which one is more feasible to reload for the BAR.

Posts: 247 | Location: Oz | Registered: 19 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No it's not too slow for a bar. I've had great accuracy and no wear and tear from 4350. I've read lots of posts from others that have also used it in a bar with good results. I have a friend with a 7600 remington that was really rasing heck with some factory ammo. He was getting severly dinged up case mouths AND the bases/rim of the case were actually tore and bent so that they wouldn't sit flat on table top after firing. We reloaded some new brass with 4350 and and some different 165's and he is now getting 1" accuracy and no bent up case rims and rarely even the messed up case mouth.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My hunting buddy uses 165 grain pellets using IMR 4350 in his BAR. Load is accurate and cycles very nicely in his BAR.

Posts: 257 | Location: Torrance, Ca | Registered: 02 July 2002Reply With Quote