Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder
 Login/Join

posted
I think I read somewhere that not to use Accurate #2 for my Glock. Is this true?

Posts: 2 | Location: Port Orchard WA | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of onespeedbiker
posted Hide Post
Assuming your talking about 9mm, there is no reason not to use Accurate #2. Accurate #2 is faster burning than Accurate than #5 or #7, so you will need to use less and will not get maximum velocities (but it will be cheaper); Accurate does show loading data for #2 (#5 and #7) for 9mm rounds with various styles and weights of bullets.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
First, welcome to AR.
Second, if you read that on the internet, ignore it. And half of everything else you read. Except here. The ignorance rate here is fairly low.
Third; What does your reloading manual say to use? My Accurate Arms book lists #2 in 9mm for every bullet weight. I see One already said that.

Posts: 17266 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 2 | Location: Port Orchard WA | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That myth actually came from years ago. I saw and heard it a lot when I was shooting IPSC in the 90s. The reason for it was some of the guys thought it would be a wonderful idea to try to make the 9mm into a major power factor round. They blew up a good many guns doing that. Hence the bad info was brought about from bad loading.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
First, welcome to AR.
Second, if you read that on the internet, ignore it. And half of everything else you read. Except here. The ignorance rate here is fairly low.

Hence the bad info was brought about from bad loading.

Pretty much sums up the Internot, in general. Look for data in reputable load books, work your way up to good loads, and make wise choices.

And, Randy, as stated, there are a good number of knowledgeable and experience folks here. I've been here a few years, and haven't got bad advice yet.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote