Find
Notify
Tools

Watch out for those Ebay auctions.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted
I was looking for a 9.3x62 set of reloading dies and found one offered on EBAY. I made a bid and as we all do, waited and watched on the last day. Auction fever took over and I watched the pair of used 9.3x62 dies (with no box) finally sell for over $10 more than a new set of these dies are costing me from Midsouth Shooting Supply.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've gotten some crazy prices for some used scopes. It's usually a better place to sell something than buy something.....at least for me.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I see that all the time. I bid in the last 10 seconds of an auction with the maximum price I'm willing to pay. If I don't get it, it was too expensive. If I do get it, it was a good deal.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12713 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fjold: I bid in the last 10 seconds of an auction with the maximum price I'm willing to pay. If I don't get it, it was too expensive. If I do get it, it was a good deal.

Ditto. Use a sniping program like Auctionblitz.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote