THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Still Seeking 375 Ruger Load with SR 4759 Powder & 235 Gr Jacketed Bullet

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Still Seeking 375 Ruger Load with SR 4759 Powder & 235 Gr Jacketed Bullet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a load for my 375 Ruger using a 235 grain Speer SSP bullet.

My 375 H&H uses 30.0 grains SR 4759 powder and gives MV of 1701 fps. (Based on the Speer Reloading Manual No. 13.)

I did a volume comparrison and the Ruger has 8% more volume than the H&H.
Anyone know how to calculate corresponding load for the Ruger. Would it be 8% more than the H&H 30 grains?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob the percentage increase is about half the volume increase.
Most of the SR4759 loads in the Speer manuals are intended to be be reduced loads so they do not operate anywhere near maximum pressure.
I normally pick the middle load for a starter and often just stick with it.

With the 375 Ruger you might used the middle load and when you are convinced it is mild go to the top H&H load.

If you are really concerned call Speer and check with them.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote