Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler
 Login/Join

posted
I have a partial box of lathe turned partitions.(243) Could any one tell me when Nosler stopped turning them? Allan

Posts: 20 | Location: Central Valley, Calif. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't remember exactly, but it seems like somewhere in the mid to late 70's. I liked them fully as well as the current production. The only problem was occasionally running into a cartridge/gun combination on which the LOA required seating the rebated portion donw into the neck.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be a little carefull with those lathe turned .243 Partitions.

I do not know what weight you have, but the ones we had did not expand well.

My dad and I used to shoot deer a lot with .244 Remingtons and a 240 Page Souper Pooper. We found the lathe turned Nosler Partitions to be a problem in that they would not expand much.

We had a lot better success on deer with plain old fashioned Sierra 85 grain spitzers and 90 grain Speer spitzers.

Those darned 100 grain Nosler's just went right through and did not expand at all!! Might have worked on an elk!!

The current Nosler bullets are great. Those old turned bullets were a hit and miss proposition. They were TOUGH!!! They would not come apart!!

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote