New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coppermelt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody used coppermelt solvent (especially those using Barnes Bullets). Have been using Sweets, but this product may be better?????

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw it advertised too and was interested. I haven't ordered any yet. I'm still using CR-10. I'd like to see some response to this question too.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just went to their website. That stuff is expensive! I'd also sure like to hear if it works before I risk about $30 on this stuff.

Posts: 13 | Location: California | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I've called thenm twice to order. The first time the guy didn't have time to talk to me and said he would call back. He never did. The second time nobody ever picked up the phone. I think I'll wait until the new stuff comes out from break free. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It can't be any better than Wipe Out foam...I would bet my a$$ and half of Georgia on that...and CR-10 is pretty darn stout stuff and works great...

If you want the ultimate copper remover then make your own, its called Blue Goop by us old guys, bench boys used it for years....

1 quart of 25% commercial Amonia and one cup of Hydrogen Perxiode and then toss a copper bullet or penny in the mix if blue looks better to you than clear!

Understand this for sure: do not leave it in the barrel more than 20 minutes, then wipe out and repeat as many times as you want, but do not, I repeat, leave it in the barrel more than 20 minutes. When clean then run 5 or 6 dry patches through the bore and then oil the bore well......

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote