Find
Notify
Tools

OH boy, oh boy, oh boy ! NEW PRESS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted
I received and mounted my new Lyman T-Mag II turret press Saturday. Installed and set my dies up and started making bullets ! IS THIS PRESS GREAT ! Love it to death. Already.

The Lee turret press was a good starter press. It was inexpensive, and "worked" although a lot of adjustment and continual tweaking was required. If nothing else, it taught a beginner to always check everything, and do it often.

The T-Mag II is built like a rock, is solid, stable and the ram is perfectly aligned with the dies - all 6 locations. This was my biggest complaint with the Lee - I had to guide every case up into the die to avoid jamming and off-center engagement. Another benefit to the T-Mag - at the top of the stroke, it "breaks" so that you are no longer applying pressure. This is a great feature! I set my dies to the proper height, whether it is priming, sizing, seating or crimping, and the press brings you to the same location EVERY time. No guessing of was that hard enough? I've made 200 rounds in three different sittings and my COL was EXACT from round to round and sitting to sitting. Love that repeatability !

------------------
-Dino
IHMSA #56176
A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "That fact has not created in me a sense of obligation." - Stephen Crane

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Creating quality ammo is a joy unto itself.

BigIron

<Abe Normal>
posted
Natchez Shooters Supply has extra turret plates on sale this month for $22.49 each!

LY7726153
In Stock
Brand: Lyman
LY EXTRA TURRET FOR T-MAG
Sale! $22.49
Reg. Price:

http://www.natchezss.com/

------------------
Abe

If everyone thought like me, I'd be a damn fool to think any differently!

one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
Natchez is where I got the press and extra turret plate. The press was $92; $20-$30 cheaper than "others."

Lyman is coming out with a new turret press with 7 stations instead of the current 6. For those of you that need that extra slot, you may want to hold-off if you're thinking of getting a T-Mag II.

150 more rounds and STILL happy !
(no small feat)
-Dino

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote