New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer .22 caliber TNT 33 grain bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used this new bullet, particularly in a .22 Hornet/K-Hornet or Bee? Its 50 grain counterpart is knife-edge accurate and deadly explosive in my .222, so I would have high hopes for the lighter bullet in my smaller guns. What about it?

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this bullet so new that nobody has used it yet?

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Is this the bullet in the Lock Stock and Barrel bullet sale??

If it is the same bullet, I wish someone would post their results with it before I commit (am stuck with) a thouand of them!

LouisB

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the Speer 33 gr TNT in my Hornet, and only recall less than spectacular groups. I will have to check my notes for the load details.
LS&B bulk bullets will be the 33gr Hornady VMax, which is used in the 22 Win Magnum. They look identical to the 35 Vmax, but do weigh the 2gr less.
I was hoping the Speer bullet would be a bit more "aerodynamic", but is quite blunt. More testing to do...

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot them from a Sako 22-250 with exceptional results.
nav

Posts: 301 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote