New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS powder measure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few weeks ago I was loading up some rounds using Bullseye and I had to stop part way through. I left the powder in the measure overnight and came back to finish the job the next day. I've left Unique in the powder measure for up to a week or more with no problems, but Bullseye seems to be wicked stuff on the plastic used in this powder measure. It etched right into the cylinder and made it very difficult to see inside. Is there any way to remove or replace the cylinder? I tried screwing it off but it won't seem to budge and I was afraid of breaking it. This is a newer style measure, only about a year old. I was thinking if its possible to remove the cylinder I could use a light buffing compound to remove the haze.

Posts: 192 | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it's only a press fit all of my older RCBS are. Just call the nice lady at RCBS she'll walk you through how to get it off. Then she will get your name and address and send you a new one more than likely. It's a very bad habit to leave powder in the uniflow for safety reasons.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll give them a call within the next few days and see what they say. I usually don't leave powder in the measure but I didn't think it would hurt anything leaving it in there overnight. I didn't realize how nasty that stuff is on plastic. Bullseye must be more acidic or something.

Posts: 192 | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find that happening with any double base powder. I had that happen with my old Pacific powder measure years ago. it still measures powder just fine. It just makes it harder to see the powder level. I E-mailed Hornady, who now makes pacific stuff and IIRC, it was something like $2.50 plus shipping for a new tube for the measure. I never did get around to buying a new tube. Still works just fine, just not as pretty.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote