Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Berger .308 210gr length?
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Browning A-bolt 300wsm that I want to shoot the 210s out of. I have loaded the 185gr, but they sit back about .120 from the lands. I was hoping the 210s would sit closer, since they buck the wind and carry energy better.
Thoughts?

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I have found in the past "like style" bullets from the same manufacture (such as nosler BTs) of different weight "usually" has the same ogive geometry, the difference in wgt comes from adding lenght to the shank and there by making one seat the bullet deeper in the case while the ogive to lands and COL remains the same.
I`ve never used Bergers though and they may be different.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Berger 210gr VLD is 1.490", the 210gr long range BT is 1.467". (308 Cal..)

Posts: 4 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 02 December 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Going out shooting to try the Creighton Audit method on my 300wsm. I just found out that my 300 had some copper fowling that needed remedied.

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote