New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballistics software in metric?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
is there a ballistics program that is availiable online which gives you metric figures?

I am tired of haveing to convert my tradjectory tables into meters and having strange intervals between numbers because of this.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YOU CAN FIND A PROGRAM WITH GRAPHIC TRAJECTORIES IN NORMA�S OF SWEDEN PAGE; YOU WILL HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT THOUGH.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Two I can suggest: Barnes Balistix 2.0 and Sierra infinity 5.2. You will have to spring for them tho'. Pricey.

pete

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several, QuickLoad is one, Robsoft is another.
Dont know the URL for QuickSoft but Robsoft you can find at www.robsoft.nu

Posts: 64 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Express

Like someone allready said: Norma has it. I use RCBS load myself, it has very good graphs. Corversion to metric is available, but somewhat troublesome if you need to switch between inches and metric in caliber choise.
Switching between inches, feet and metric in the downrange data is very easy, though.

Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quicload and it's partner, quicktarget, can togle to metric

jeffe

Posts: 38523 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Guys, Speaking of ballistic software,
for those of you who have the Quickload program,
(V.2.9-B.106), please check the length listed of the Hornaday 75 gr A MAX in your program, mine gives the length of .950", but when I measured several at random from several boxes, I get a length of 1.100 +- .010", I found this out when loading for the 224 LRVT case.

Does anyone's else give the same figures, or do I have a bad program?

Would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks, Don
nvreloader

Posts: 46 | Location: Lovelock,Nevada | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HerrBerg
posted Hide Post
You have a truly EXCELLENT program at www.robsoft.nu. It is a database application to track your handloads and it is customizable to give you the units you want. I, for example, want bullet weights in grains and velocity in m/s, no problem.

It gives you ballistic graphs and has tons of bullets (including BC and SD), powders and primers conigured. It gives you graphs and allows you to save groups by graphically clicking where the bullets hit. It can communicate with some cronographs.

It cost some USD 10-20, don't remember, but I've had GREAT use of it.

Regards,
/HerrBerg

Posts: 1723 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote