Find
Notify
Tools

Design/build portable reloading bench
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Ok I have been saying I was going to design and build a portable reloading bench for the last several years.
Today I committed to put on a "reloading" class/demonstration in June.
NOW the bench is critical rather than a nice to have project.

Anyone out there have a good design?
Kinda figuring on a 1 1/2" plywood top (2x3/4" glued together and some kinda "fold-up" legs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

LouisB

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I kiced it around myself, I'm in a one bedroom apt while house is being built with my reloading equip in storage.

Thought about using a narrow saw horse with a small top, take 3/4 plywood and make a base that you sit chair on, saw horse table fastens to base with knobs and tee nuts, therefore my lard butt holds it down. Just a thought, but never did it, just wait till house is built.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this site http://buildgear.cjb.net/
I built the Booger bench and added a scissor jack up front, with a leather pad on it for an adjustable rest. I have used it a lot, and even built one for a friend.

Posts: 125 | Location: SW Manitoba Canada | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make the top, screw a 2x4 clete on the bottom and clamp it into a Black and Decker Workmate.

Harbor Freight use to sell a cheap knock off of a Workmate, if you want to go really inexpensive. Thing is that you can use the Workmate for other things when not in the portable reloading mode. I did this when I needed a temporary set up for a Dillon 550 B, worked good.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Home depot has a folding plastic work bench. Take a look at it. i'm thinking of 1 for a shooting bench.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote