Find
Notify
Tools

Load Data Barnes XFB and XLC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted
Can anyone assist with load data for .30-06 loads using 180gr Barnes XFB and also 180gr Barnes XLC bullets.

I have access to Reloader 19, Reloader 22 and H380 powders and Federal brass and match primers.

Test loads required for invite to wild boar hunt in Hungary and these are the only bullets I have heavier than 150gr Interbonds.

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Have any of you guys got a Barnes manual? getting one in Northern Ireland is like finding an honest politician ... beer

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone assist with load data for .30-06 loads using 180gr Barnes XFB and also 180gr Barnes XLC bullets.

I have access to Reloader 19, Reloader 22 and H380 powders and Federal brass and match primers.

Test loads required for invite to wild boar hunt in Hungary and these are the only bullets I have heavier than 150gr Interbonds.

Out of the Barnes manual for the 180
gr. XFB:

RL 19 starting 55.0 gr. - maximum 59.0 gr.
H380 starting 49.0 gr. - maximum 53.0 gr.

For Barnes 180 gr. XLC FB & XLC BT bullets:

RL 19 starting 57.0 gr. -maximum 61.0 gr.
H380 starting 53.0 gr. - maximum 57 gr.

There is no data listed for RL 22. Primers were Federal GM 210M in Winchester cases.

In my experience, Federal cases would use the same load data as Remington and Winchester cases. I prefer Federal 210M primers but CCI BR2 primers work fine as well. Since Federal primers have been scarce, I've been going more to CCI primers.

Also, in regards to Barnes TSX bullets in a 30/06, I've found that I can use the load data for jacketed lead core bullets. In general, for cartridges of the 308 Winchester size case and bigger, Barnes XLC bullets will take 1 to 2 grains more powder safely than with other bullets.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Hi Grumulkin .... Thanking you for the info, I've had a supply of these heavier bullets for years lying on the shelf. Will get to work with RL19 first and see what is likely to work well in my old Mannlicher. Should make good hog medicine.
Waidmannsheil .... Smiler