New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: CopperMelt bore cleaner????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Apparently this is unkown by most reloaders?

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
So far, they have not impressed me with their business practices. I've called them twice and they are always too busy and never return my calls. I hope someone that gets to use it reports back. I'm tred of elbow grease and Sweets'! jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Wipeout.
Pete

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
jorge-

As I use many high velocity Weatherby type cartridges I am forever removing copper fouling from barrels. I've found the fastest and most effective way to accomplish this...use a nylon bore brush liberally saturated with Sweet's 7.62. I apply the sweet's from the muzzle after the brush has exitted the end, usually about every 20 passes. I get a nice blue colored foam dripping out of the barrel after about 40 strokes, the end isn't long in coming once that starts. Takes me about ten minutes to clean the barrel, remove the Sweet's and have it coated with a rust preventative.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Wipe Out. I can't see how anything can beat it. Let it soak a few hours. Then run three or four dry patches through the bore then one with your favorite oil. Your done. Best part is no smell at all.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote