New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Powder measure stand
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody here have a RCBS Piggyback powder measure stand #09035?

Is it threaded? I bought one off e-Bay and there are no threads. I have a Lyman and don't need the RCBS any more so I was planning to sell it. If this was modified before I bought it, I wouldn't want to sell it as 'almost new'.

Thanks

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The old ones came unthreaded.

I have two stands one threaded and one unthreaded and with the unthreaded stand I use two locknuts. Thread one nut on your powder measure, insert the measure in the stand and then thread the second nut on the bottom to lock it.

You can run without the upper nut but then you have to thread the bottom nut way up the threads on the measure and it takes a lot more time to remove it from the stand.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12713 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a #09035 model about 6 months ago... no threads.

Powder measure (mine's a Redding) is held in just as Fjold says.

HTH

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I checked one out at a store today and it was not threaded and there was a locknut in the box. My box didn't have a locknut in it. Guess I'll go buy a locknut before I try to sell it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kelbro, how much do you want for the stand just the way it is, without the locknut? I need one and am interested in it.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The old RCBS powder measure stands are threaded and require one lock-nut and the new ones are unthreaded and require two lock-nuts!

Chuck - Retired USAF- Life Member, NRA & NAHC

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luckyduck, how about $15 shipped fedex ground? I have a Paypal account.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kelbro, that sounds good to me. I'll send you a PM.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Luckyducker. PM sent.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck White:
The old RCBS powder measure stands are threaded and require one lock-nut and the new ones are unthreaded and require two lock-nuts!

New or old, I knew it was one of them. Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12713 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote