Find
Notify
Tools

Sinclair, hype or worth the money?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So who uses or who knowes users?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I've ordered lots of equipment from them and midwayusa.

Services from Sinclair are second to none. Same goes for products.

I've been very happy with Sinclair and will always order from them in the future.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
I have their bore guides for my bolt guns.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sinclair has some really incredible gadgets; I like them. However, there are cheaper rigs that will sometimes work as well, but they won't look or feel as good or last as long.

I use their micrometer-type case trimmer, and that splendid hand priming tool, along with a couple of neck turners, etc., etc.

Tough to beat.

Geo.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When they say 'Sinclair Quality' it means something--really. I have a lot of their tools and products, like them all. Well thought out designs by folks that shoot and hunt and use the gear.

If you like good tools I would definitely try some of their stuff. I really enjoy using good tools, and Sinclair's stuff fits the bill. Their rests are just superb. I actually enjoy setting up my rest and adjusting it due to the high quality of it's parts.

Their sales reps are also helpful and candid on the phone.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have a few things from Sinclair myself and it is all well made.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add me as another satisfied Sinclair customer. I have bought a lot of their reloading and position rifle shooting gear. ALL of it is best quality.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you thinking of any Sinclair product in particular?? I use quite a few of their products: concentricity gauge, neck wall variance gauge, micrometer attachment for Wilson trimmer etc etc. The products I have used have been expensive but of good quality. Sinclair Intl is a great shop to do business with. Good service and prompt delivery.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do comparison shopping with any online and you might be surprised to find they are less expensive. Their Lapua .223 Rem brass was such. And they don't gouge you on shipping costs like some other e-tailers do. Like others, I have found them to produce\sell high quality products, some that can't be found anywhere else. However, only you can determine if a specialized handloading product is actually worth the money. Many benchrest shooters do.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I concur with the previous posts.

I consider Sinclair's Tools, Products & Customer Service to be one of the best.

Customer Service has beeen fantastic and as you can see from my address that is a POSITIVE statement coming from me as I've experienced less than satisfactory from many others when it entails getting stuff across the pond.....

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of squeeze
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list of VERY satisfied Sinclair
customers.

Their catalog is my first, and often my last
stop for loading tools, and firearms parts, and
service tools.

And if you have a question, they go above and
beyond to get the best information available
for the answer.

Squeeze

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Posts: 201 | Location: Wis | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am fortunate enough to pass near the Sinclair facility for my job about every other week.
They are some of the friendliest, knowledgable people in the industry

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted Hide Post
I have found Sinclair products to be of the highest quality and their service exceptional.

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lets face it....most of us reloaders are a bunch of "TIGHTASSES"!! We (I included) shop here and shop there to save $2 on this and $3 on that. We must not think our time is worth a darn cause even if it was worth $5/hour we'd probably all be better off giving our business to the local gunshop or people like Sinclair that offer really good products that last a long long time!!!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
From experience I would say they are second to none. Product quality and service wise!

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just placed an order today.

The best customer sservice and when you place an orde you are talking to someone who handloads and can answer your questions from a point of view that matters.

A little pricey but never disapointing

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list of those who feel the Sinclair name stands for quality.

And from the posts so far, it seems this opinion is unanimous.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much to all! I am looking at their reloading equipment. I have little knowledge of their equipment as "this is RCBS country". I am convinced to go ahead. cheers

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they're great. Products and service. Also, when you call them you get someone who actually knows what they're talking about, not just reading something to you.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll toss in my thumbs up as well. Quality of everything I have bought from them is first rate, and their customer service is excellent. I even had them talk me *out* of a purchase that it turns out I really didn't need.

Eric

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
..."this is RCBS country". ...
RCBS makes excellent products too. And their Customer Service is just exceptional. And I can say the same for my dealings with Redding.

All three are a pleasure to deal with.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see Sinclair has received the positive response's from our members which they are obviously deserving.

RCBS has also been BERRY-BERRY-GUT-TO-ME!

I've not dealt with Redding but if everyone insists - I'll try them next time, too!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote