Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading Room Pics: Eins
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
Wanted to post a few pics of my reloading bench and room...

My reloading bench & shelf built from barn yard oak with a hand rubbed oil and wax finish...;-)
 -
RCBS PRO 2000 Progressive & Forster Co-Ax
 -
Passenger's Reloading Chair;-)...
 -
Forster Co-Ax Mounted on Thompson Tool Mount
 -
Forster Co-Ax dismounted to show flush press plate
 -
Wilson/Sinclair Trimmer Dismounted from TTM
 -
Wilson/Sinclair Trimmer Mounted on TTM
 -
My Reloading Chair...
 -

Regards, Matt.

www.sinclairintl.com
www.thompsontoolmount.com

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt - beautiful woodwork, both the bench and the table! As for a reloading room.......

Do you have enough lighting in the room? I only see the little table lamp on the bench, there are more lights in the room, right? I have a 4 foot shop light suspended over my bench and actually want/need more. That's in addition to two floor lamps and an overhead light.

What the heck do you plug into all those recepticles on the wall behind the bench? I see one looks like a phone jack, but eight outlets? I use three, tops, at one time on my bench: tumbler, electronic scale/dispenser, and case prep center(which was a waste of my money - I rarely use it). That still leaves one extra for your compressor.

Now, the safe: Good Night How did you move a 2 ton door? I likey.......

I don't mean any offense, I'm just more function then looks.(Good thing I don't function the way I look [Big Grin] )

Heck, I forgot the chair. Don't you want to be able to roll that thing around? If I sit in one place too long in that chair, I'd want a shave and a haircut!

[ 07-29-2003, 07:51: Message edited by: T/C nimrod ]

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T/C nimrod:
Matt - beautiful woodwork, both the bench and the table! As for a reloading room.......

Do you have enough lighting in the room? I only see the little table lamp on the bench, there are more lights in the room, right?

Right. I have 6 100 watt Cooper Halo Can Lights in the ceiling. Each bank of lights is on it's own dimmer. All employ GE Full Spectrum Bulbs... I can make it painfully bright... [Big Grin]
There is also a Hunter Ceiling Fan on a variable speed control and a ventilation van on a rocker switch.

What the heck do you plug into all those recepticles on the wall behind the bench? I see one looks like a phone jack, but eight outlets? I use three, tops, at one time on my bench: tumbler, electronic scale/dispenser, and case prep center(which was a waste of my money - I rarely use it). That still leaves one extra for your compressor.

I found that first class outlets are cheap to install and it's always better to have too many than too few. Also have digital satelite TV, an am/fm/shortwave antennae, data cable, and two phone lines available. My tumbler, bullets, and reloading supplies are in an covered industrial shelving section outside of the room... Don't like to listen to the Sidewinder...

Now, the safe: Good Night How did you move a 2 ton door? I likey.......

The door is a pussy cat... Very, very, well balanced. I can close it with one finger. The locking and hinge system is built like a swiss watch...

Heck, I forgot the chair. Don't you want to be able to roll that thing around? If I sit in one place too long in that chair, I'd want a shave and a haircut!

The Captain's chairs have been useful. They are fully adjustable up, down, back, and forth. Have yet to tire of them and prefer them to a stool ten to one for my use...

Regards, Matt.

[ 07-29-2003, 08:45: Message edited by: Matt in Virginia ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I mean how did you get the door from the bank to your place? And, yeah I'm with you on the stool thing - don't like 'em, too hard on the back. I use an office chair: padded, adjustable, and rollable. Does that "captain's" chair swivel? [Confused]

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/C nimrod:
No, I mean how did you get the door from the bank to your place? And, yeah I'm with you on the stool thing - don't like 'em, too hard on the back. I use an office chair: padded, adjustable, and rollable. Does that "captain's" chair swivel? [Confused]

TC,
The vault shipped as one unit that weighed 11,300lbs and it was moved with hydraulic safe lifting equipment. Difficult but not as bad as you would think...

The "Captain's" chairs do swivel as well... They were a gift from a friend of my dad. Military surplus that was never used. Made in 95' and scrapped in 99'. Still in the boxes...

Regards, Matt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt--That's the cleanest and neatest reloading room I've ever seen. I am assuming that you must have enormous shelving space. Whenever I let the call that I am finally to reload again, a couple of buddies and I go to town and reload our common calibers by the thousands and uncommon calibers by the multi-hundreds. After we get done, the place looks like a tornado hit it. Are you sure you aren't a neat freak? Nice work. [Cool] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
How am I failing to see a six ton vault door in any of your pics?

Very clean and thoughtout arrangement. The very antithesis of my loading operation.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Hey Matt
Do you have reasonable fees for reloading room consulting?
My reloading shed has been up and in use for 3 or 4 months. The shed aready looks like some of the neighborhoods in Baghdad. Of course I have 30 some odd years of accumulated reloading stuff. Like 5,000 38 special cases, I don't own a 38, but I may and I'm too tight to leave the cases laying on the ground at the range.
Should I get to the point that I can see the bench top I'll make some pics and send them.
You've got a beautiful set up.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How do you ever find anything? Too damn neat!

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Matt:

What are you using to cover your Co-Ax press? I need something like that for mine.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Thank you for the kind words. I have quite a bit of shelving space outside of the reloading room. The only reloading items I store inside, aside from the tools, are powder & primers. The powder could live outside, however, I prefer to have the primers in a cool dry enviroment. Planning to build a gun rack against one wall with shelving for primer storage below in the near future. As well as a upper cabinet to replace my shelf. I'm afraid we're running out of storage...;-). Just have to pidgeon hole enough oak for the project...

onefunzr2,
The safe is in the second thread of pictures. Reloading Room: Zwei. The door weighs about 4500lbs and the whole safe weighs about 11,300lbs...

RSY,
It's just a black rag sprayed with Rem oil and folding around the press. Looking to find someone who sows inorder to make one out of red or black cordura. I run the material under the handle stops so as to cushion the casting. You would think somone would have come up with a cover for these presses...

Best Regards, Matt.

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
 -

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,
Nice setup. Can't begin to tell you how many hours I spent in one of those "captian's" chairs, hours in front of a sonar console, at a missle launch station, on the bridge on watch, or just relaxing shooting the breeze with shipmates. Don't you just get a kick from that "clunk" when that big old door shuts. I know when I lock up nothing short of a pretty big bomb will breach my door, I'm sure yours is the same way.

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing level you're working at Matt.

Gun magazine ought to do a feature on it. [Big Grin]

Mike TBC

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am currently bulding my reloading room due to a recent renovation and addition to the house. It is nice to see how someone else setup a room from scratch, gives me quite a few ideas.
I do have a question on the TTM, my bench won't be quite as big as that one and the problem I am facing is I use a Hornady L'n'L progressive for doing my pistol and AR loads, but use a Redding Big Boss. Now to the question, how well does the TTM work, does it hold the press tight to the bench, and how easy is it to change?

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<GunGeek>
posted
Matt, how do you find anything with all your junk stored on shelves and in drawers? Jeez ... lighten up and dump it all on top of the bench where you can see it.