THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

200-250 gr Horn .452 SST's as Components??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
When the heck is Hornady going to release the 460 SW bullets as components? The muzzleloading sabots are getting expensive to use in my 454 and 45 C. (minus the sabots, of course)

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
You can shoot the Hornady XTP and XTPmag in your 454 I have shot a lot of them in my Tarus Raging Bull. I know they are not SST's but they still shoot great.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Below is the note I sent to Hornady, along with their response, asking just this question.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:20 PM
To: Webmaster
Subject: .460 bullets
Hi--
Can you tell me if and when you intend to introduce the 200 gr SST
bullet, for reloading the .460 S&W?
Thanks--
Mike S.

--
If we do, it won't be before 2008. Thank you.
--

Mike S.

Posts: 22 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 21 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
2008??!! Confused Mad
I've got a bunch of the 240 gr XTP Mags, but the SST's seem to shoot better. The already make the damn bullets, just put 50 of them into a box and print a label. sshhhhheeesh!

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called awhile back because I wanted some of the 200 sst(.452) to try in a muzzleloader.The lady told me that they hadn'd decided how they were going to market them.
Seems like an easy decision to me.I don't think many handgun shooters is going to buy many boxes of them at $10 a box of 20 with a sabot and through the sabot away.
I wonder what the difference in their cost is to make one or the other (xtp or sst)
I think they are so big they care less wether you buy their bullets or not.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote