Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to remove old bedding?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Let's hear it. I have a dremel tool so what is the best and /or easiest way?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dremmel. I've used a burr bit, but you have to have the stock in a vice and your hand secure to control it to avoid nasties outside the bedded area. Finish with a sanding drum. May not be the best way but it worked for me.

One thought occurs here, it may not be necessary to remove all of the bedding, so in that regard I'd just sand it. Don't know what you're looking at...

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Dremmel. I've used a burr bit, but you have to have the stock in a vice and your hand secure to control it to avoid nasties outside the bedded area. Finish with a sanding drum. May not be the best way but it worked for me.

One thought occurs here, it may not be necessary to remove all of the bedding, so in that regard I'd just sand it. Don't know what you're looking at...

I don't believe it is necessary to sand the area where the bedding has been removed. I belive it will bond better on a rough surface. But I do like the bur bit idea.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
dan :

This was a hypothetical question. Let's just say someone did a crappy bedding job and you gotta start from square 1...

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Best way to remove old bedding?

Lay it out by the street with Monday's trash. Someone will come by and take it away.

Personally, I've been taking an interest in one of those Sleep Number mattresses.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
For a hypothetical question I think I like your solution best.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
A heat gun. Warm up the epoxy and it comes out just like putty.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote