New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Dimensions for the 7X64
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone got a reference manual handy and tell me the basic case dimensions for the 7X64:

Overall length
Head to body/shoulder and diameter at shoulder
Head to shoulder/neck and diameter at neck
Shoulder angle

I am looking to see if either a 280 Rem or a 280 40 deg AI die can be cleaned up to accommodate a 7X64 for neck sizing.

Thanks

pete

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 280 AI should work as is, since the Brenneke has a 20+ degree shoulder and the neck/shoulder length is .019 shorter than that of the 280. However, there will be .005 (Body/base) to .010 (Body/neck) slop because the 280 is that much larger. RCBS does make neck dies for the 7x64 if you have a way to get them in SA. I had Lee make up a set of collet dies for me when I got my 7x64.

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

I am looking to clean up a Redding bush-type die as they don't do it in 7X64, but it is available in 280 and 280 Ackley

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote