Find
Notify
Tools

44Mag TC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted
I have a 44 mag TC, I know this could start a war here ( hope not ) but what is the upper limit to reloads in a TC frame, plus is the stainless steel frame any stonger that a blued one ?

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I had a TC in .357max, I loaded it up a bit over the DW rev. I had. I think you can load them a bit hotter due to the solid breach/lockup. After all, they are built to take rifle pressures so why not +p revolver pressures? Stainless really offers nothing in strength, your barrel might last a bit longer. SS seems to resist erosion from flame cutting.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
I mostly shoot and hunt small game with 44 spl, but I want a load for in case the T-Rex comes back ! I was looking at the Gerritt 44 mag ammo and said hell I should be able to reload that myself ! I just dont want to stretch my frame, recoil is not a prob for me as I had a 13" 375JDJ on it, lets say the 300 gr'ners would rock the boat. But it was fun.

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking a 300 grain LBT GCWFN over about 22-22.5 grains of H110 would rock your world. You could probably go a little higher but why? In my 7.5" SRH they're crankin out at aroud 1200fps. Your longer barrel should up that a bit. For fun try 240 grain XTP over 24 grains of same. Fire breathing dragon or flamethrower, take your pick.

Good luck,
NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NoCal,

I use the 300gr LBT LFN with that powder load and have chronographed the load at 1875fps out of my 15" BBL in the contender. And very accurate.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HL,
1875fps?? Wow, talk about a killer load. Have you dumped that big bullet into anything living? At that velocity, the 300 grain chunck-o-LBT should zip straight through all but the largest of city busses. Would not want to be a whitetail near San Anton!

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote