THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need your input on where I keep my gear.
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys I got a question for ya. I live in Ohio. Currently I have all of my reloading gear in the garage. It is either sitting on the reloading bench or in the tool box. The garage is attached to the house. The house is about 8 years old. With the exception of the ceiling of the garage and the garage door it is all insulated. Obviously the garage is not climate controled at all the temp of the garage is pretty much what it is outside (maybe a little warmer on the inside in the winter time. The question is this wise to store and keep my gear in the garage espically things that are prone to rust like my wilson case trimmer and lee turret press, and dillon dies. I have a thin coat of oil on the outside of this equipment but for instance not on the inside of the dies. I'm just worried about my stuff getting rusty. I will more than likely bring it inside durring the winter time but keep it outside in the spring and summer months. What do you guys think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, for one, why bring it in during the winter? It's much more humid in the summer. I keep my stuff out in the garage also. haven't had a problem yet. of course it's only been there 2-3 months. i keep my powder out there too. my garage isn't insulated. you shouldn't have a problem. Just check it periodically and you should be just fine

Gun control is hitting your target.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep it covered, keep the same stuff in those 3 dollar plastic lure boxes. Dies in the boxes. I keep a coat of oil on everything. A brass brush and Break-Free will knock surface rust off if you get it. I do all mine in a basement of a house built in 1941. I do that with a Dehumidifer works great. Leave it out in the garage, mans territory.