THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    MidwayUSA House Brand Tumber - Good, Bad or Ugly?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MidwayUSA House Brand Tumber - Good, Bad or Ugly?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted
What is your opinion? Anyone actually got one? Is another brand recommended? Aren't many different brands actually produced in the same plant? [Confused]

This is prompted by the recent death of my 20+ year old VibraTek polisher. It did not go gently into that good night. Good bye old buddy. [Frown]

[ 04-02-2003, 03:12: Message edited by: Hobie ]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<hunting1>
posted
Mine works great!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good tumbler.

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine's at least 7 yrs. old and works wonderfully. I can clean 150-200 '06 sized cases in 1 hr. using the original ground walnut medium with the addition of Midway brass polish (citrus scented cream).

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had my 1292 for over 10 years and it is simple, rugged and I'd buy another in a minute. It is the equal in performance and half the price of my Lyman 1200. My free opinion....

regards
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for years and I've never had a problem with it.

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had mine for five years works great. Had a switch malfunction when it was only a few weeks old Midway replaced the switch and paid the shipping back.

Posts: 56 | Location: WV | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have had mine for 8 or 9 years, still going strong with no problems.

Regards
cjw3

Posts: 189 | Location: Was Kansas, USA - Now South Australia | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine works great too.

Use corn cobs, not walnut media.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have had mine about 6 years...still works great!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Wink] Had mine for nine years and its still going strong. [Smile]

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
<rocko>
posted
Mine works just fine - they are really just rebranded Frankford Arsenal machines.

Rocko

one of us
posted Hide Post
Had mine for 8 years. No problems except the thermal cutoff went once. My fault. Hot room, tumbling 300 357 brass for 2 hours. Never happened again now that it is in my basement.

Posts: 71 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mine still works had about 8 years

Posts: 46 | Location: Friendship,Wis. USA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Mine just keeps tumbling away. Midway's were made by Frankford Arsenal under a private labeling agreement which they have now dropped.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have four of them, some 7-8 years old, BUT, did you know that Midway recalled their vibratory machines?, Send it back and get it rebuilt for the cost of postage.

They used to give a $15 Midway Credit, but I'm not sure that still goes.

Check their site for details.

Steve

Posts: 9 | Location: Cent PA | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've got one and I would buy it again. I bought it about 2 years ago , and I am quite satisfied. Actually I believe it is made by Frankfurt Arsenal, Midway just put their name on it. Which recently they seem to be doing away with Midway products. So if it is a good sale price I would grab it.I am also noticing there prices are not as competetive lately (since Jan 1). Try Natchez at Natchezss.com . GOOD LUCK

[ 04-03-2003, 06:25: Message edited by: J Scott Plotner ]

Posts: 3 | Location: Pekin,IL | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Abe Normal>
posted
I've got three, one for 8 years the others are 5 years old. Many thousands of hours of carefree case cleaning!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 in my shop also---nary a hic-up!!!

Ol' John

Posts: 111 | Location: Hondo, Texas 78861 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote