New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ricciardelli: incorrect data?
 Login/Join

<Delta Hunter>
posted
Steve, I was looking at your data relating to the 7mm Remington Magnum and I noticed some data that looks incorrect and possibly dangerous if used by someone. You show a maximum charge of 73 grains of IMR 4831 when using a 150 gr. bullet. That's more powder than the maximum load for IMR 7828, a slower burning powder. I was thinking that 66 or 67 grs. would be the maximum for IMR 4831 and 150 gr. bullets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't want you to get in trouble for someone using a load that's substantially over max.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Incorrect it was...thanks for the heads-up on that.

I rechecked my data and found that 66.5 is the "MAX". It appears that possibly I had put the 7mm STW data in there...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Delta Hunter>
posted
You're quite welcome and let me add that I appreciate all the information you've got on your site. There's not too many places you can find loading information for the 7.65mm Arg. Mauser for example.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, nice website Steve.

Paul

Posts: 130 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on that. Lots of great info!!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Hellrazor>
posted
Also a good reminder to always double or triple check reloading information. You never know when mistakes happen, even in commercial reloading books.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrazor:
Also a good reminder to always double or triple check reloading information. You never know when mistakes happen, even in commercial reloading books.

Good advice, but so far there have only been two errors on my pages (luckily), and I have found as many as 15 in published manuals (no name mentioned).

I try to triple-check my typing, but like I said, my fingers worked faster than my brain twice...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ricciardelli,

While we are on topic about your site.. There is one thing thats really been buggin me lol.. Under your Cartridge Drawings and Dimensions section.. In the metric system cartridge's you have 7/300 Westherby!!!! Instead of Weatherby [Smile] ... Excellent site by the way [Smile]

6.5 Bandit

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I use your site regularly and love it. I don't load anything without checking three sources. May rarely load past my sources, but I want a good place to start.

I spent ten years as an editor of legal material and I can assure you that nothing gets published without a few errors.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6.5 Bandit:
ricciardelli,

While we are on topic about your site.. There is one thing thats really been buggin me lol.. Under your Cartridge Drawings and Dimensions section.. In the metric system cartridge's you have 7/300 Westherby!!!! Instead of Weatherby [Smile] ... Excellent site by the way [Smile]

6.5 Bandit

HOLY "S" BATMAN! Will get in the Batmobile and change it immediately...

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leftoverdj:
Steve,

I use your site regularly and love it. I don't load anything without checking three sources. May rarely load past my sources, but I want a good place to start.

I spent ten years as an editor of legal material and I can assure you that nothing gets published without a few errors.

I DON'T BELEVE THAT!

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote