New
Find
Notify
Tools

pet loads for .375-any suggestions?
 Login/Join

<ronl>
posted
I am interested in handloading for my new .375 H&H in preparation for an upcoming buffalo hunt this summer. I will need a soft and a solid. I was thinking about trying A-frames or Barnes-X for the softs and have no opinion about the solids as I have never shot solids.

What suggestions might you guys have for me to start with?

Thank you again for all the great advice that I find on this forum.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronl:
I am interested in handloading for my new .375 H&H in preparation for an upcoming buffalo hunt this summer. I will need a soft and a solid. I was thinking about trying A-frames or Barnes-X for the softs and have no opinion about the solids as I have never shot solids.

What suggestions might you guys have for me to start with?

Thank you again for all the great advice that I find on this forum.

RONL,
300GR SWIFT A-FRAMES ARE THE BEST FOR ME,THEY HAVE ALWAYS PERFORMED VERY WELL.AS FOR SOLIDS,HORNADY 300GR FMJ'S.I DON'T THINK YOU CAN GO WRONG WITH THAT COMBO.
BEST,
RICHARD
LET US PREY!

------------------
rlda07052

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck --

As I have mentioned in another thread, the Barnes XLC dry powder coated bullets absolutely WON"T group in my .375. Tried damn near everything. But that just tells you what not to try! Hornady 270gr sprires group just fine, but I wouldn't recommend them for the buffalo.

jeff

Posts: 181 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote