Find
Notify
Tools

Bonanza Co-Ax handle not clearing die
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey everybody!

I just wanted some opinions. I'm trying to reload 140gr Lapua Naturalis in 6.5x55 with a Forster Micrometer bullet seating die on a Bonanza Model B1 CoAx press. The issue I am having is the handle not clearing the die's bullet seating stem.

In the meantime I've ordered a Forster standard benchrest seating die to get me by. I've contacted Forster about sending my press in to have it upgraded to the B3 model, which will cost about $130 plus shipping (both ways). Being in Canada and the exchange rate being so low and the possibility of extra duties/taxes/fees I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be better just to buy a brand new one from a Canadian supplier?

Another option is I have family that goes to the States several times a year if they could bring the press (16Lbs?) and ship it to Forster for me from the States and then have Forster ship it back to the U.S. Address and then they bring it back to Canada on one of their future trips to the States? (Not sure what the turnaround time is?) I could be without a press for several months which is not a problem as I would probably do this after my hunting season ends.

Thanks!

Posts: 39 | Location: Saskatoon, SASKATCHEWAN | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Use a shorter die; that is what I would do. I do not need a micrometer seater anyway.

Posts: 17265 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
or just bend the handle a bit - it's just a piece of tubing easily obtained if you want to have a straight one too

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hehehe, I ended up just ordering a new Forster Co-Ax press, should be here next week. Smiler

Posts: 39 | Location: Saskatoon, SASKATCHEWAN | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlueDevil:
Hehehe, I ended up just ordering a new Forster Co-Ax press, should be here next week. Smiler

Not the cheapest route but more that one press is always useful.

I have been using a Bonanza Co-Ax for years

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hehehe I never actually paid for my Bonanza Co-Ax was actually given to me a few years ago so I figured I'd stick with a new Forster and probably end up upgrading the Bonanza as well down the road.