New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Trade some 7mm bullets????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have several boxes of the Hornady SST 139 gr. that I'm not using, or going to use so if you are interested, let me know and we will work out something....I used them for 3 years in my .284 Win. custom rifle and they are excellent bullets. I just found something I like a little better.

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone want to trade some 7mm bullets?

I have most of a box left of 139 grain Hornady SST Interbonds "not plain SSTs, that I can not get to shoot in my gun,,,I have tried it all different powders, different seating depths, amounts of powder the works, have shot one whole box and a few of these

would like to trade for,,,,,

7mm 139 grain SST's, they shoot great for me.
http://groups.msn.com/ThePoseyClan2/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38

7mm 100 grain sierra hp's, they shoot as nice as the SST's for me but group 3 inches to the right at 100? go figure

Any 7mm nosler partitions or other tough bullet near 140 grains + or-

or a new 7mm, 30 cal, 22cal, or 50cal bore snake,

or speer 130 grain 30 cals for 30-30

or anything of interest

IF someone wants just a few bullets to try out we can swap 5-10 if ya want

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll PM ya

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Murfti,
I'll tell you what I found that I like better but before I do,stay with me, and let me explain. I had some friends that were using the bullet in their .280 Rmeingtons as well as their 7mm-08 and they were getting complete "pass throughs" on large Deer, even when shot thru both shoulders and clipping part of the backbone. The exit holes were about the size of a quarter or a half doller and Deer were dropping in their tracks. I've been using the bullet for several years now and I have taken 23 Bucks with it, all were 1 shot kills and all have dropped in their tracks except one that was hit a little far back and went thru both lungs. He went about 40 yards. Last year in Kansas, I shot a Deer that was slightly quartering away from me and had his head turned away also. The bullet went in his right shoulder and came out his neck about 6" behind his head. Naturally, he went down in his tracks. The Buck weighed 238 lbs. The bullet I'm using is the 120 gr. Nosler Balistic Tip. Before I started using it, I called the engineer with Nosler and talked with them about it. They told me that they use the same jacket that they use for the 140 gr. bullet except they cut the jacket off for the 120 gr., so the jacket at the nose of the 120 gr. is much thicker than it is on the 140 gr. bullet and its performance is unbelievable. It is very accurate, has a good BC and light in recoil. Its my very favorite bullet in the 3100fps to 3150fps range and I have tried most of the "recommended" bullets over the past 31 years of using the .284 Win. I hope this gives you some insight and why I use it....
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiousity, what did you find that you liked better than the SST's?

Posts: 217 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote