New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load from Disk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This has probably been discussed on this forum 100 times so pardon a relative newby to Accurate Reloading. Anyway, I just downloaded the demo of "Load from a Disk" and was intrigued by it. I have my doubts it's worth the cost considering how many books I have...but my question is what does everyone think of the program? Is it good? Accurate? Good or bad experiences with it? Thanks for your reports. Curious minds want to know.

------------------
A well placed bullet is worth 1,000 ft/lbs of energy.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMHO, if you're going to buy an internal ballistics program, spend the extra money for QuickLoad. There's really no comparison.

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<txhunter>
posted
In my humble opinion Load from a disk is a POS. At least for a handloader who knows anything at all about handloading.

<OTTO>
posted
I like my load from a disc. The only shortfall is that powder selection is limited to what they consider the best powders. Narrow powder selection.

------------------
From my cold, dead hands!
Thanks Chuck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Otto, I noticed the powder thing. Where does one get Quick Load? I'll be happy to review it. I've got so many reloading books I need this like another hole in the head, but it's a new toy and interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 241 | Location: Beaumont, tx | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
Pecos,

I have used both OFAD and QLoad. Both are INTERNAL ballistic programs. I honestly think that if you're loading a standard cartridge for which there's a ton of data available, internal programs are simply not needed. But, if you're loading a wildcat, such a program is definitely worth while. As per above, spend the extra bucks and get QLoad.

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I've checked them both out and decided neither of them offer me anything I can't get from my books already. Thanks for saving my money.

------------------
A well placed bullet is worth 1,000 ft/lbs of energy.

[This message has been edited by Pecos45 (edited 04-20-2002).]