Tools

Re: H4198 vs. IMR4198
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kory
posted
Quote:

NO!!

no two different powders are interchangable...

jeffe

Then why on earth would they give it the same number??? Specially now that they are owned by the same company.

Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Anybody know if H110 and WW296 are the same powder? They nearly always have the same exact loading data and velocities that are within a few fps of each other.

I was told by the local gun smith years ago that they are the same made by the same company and relabeled by another company. He stated that on the large canisters (I can't remember for sure but I think it was 100lbs) that if you peeled off the label that the other companies label was underneath.
Sorry but I can�t remember which was the parent/original manufacture.
I can�t verify if his statement was true or BS.
I hope this helps answer your question and maybe another member will be able to verify this.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.westernpowders.com/

I have heard it is Western Powders that makes W296 and H110, but it looks from thier site like they are a distributor.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are close but not quite the same. I have found that I get pressure signs with a few grains less of IMR4198 than H4198 in every application I have tried.

Anybody know if H110 and WW296 are the same powder? They nearly always have the same exact loading data and velocities that are within a few fps of each other.

Posts: 498 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote