New
Find
Notify
Tools

Improved Cartridges
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The thread vapadog began has prompted me to develop my own line of "improved" cartridges. In keeping with my lifestyle I opted to not do a darned thing to the case dimension, cause I am a lazy SOB, and just see what kinda velocity I could squeeze out of the factory case.

For liability reasons, the lawyers made me say that, no actual load recipes will be posted. However, the cartridges did achieve the results as measured by my chronograph.

30-30 Winchester ASS_CLOWN Improved

170 gr Remington Core Lokt FP - 2330 fps (20" barrel)

170 gr Remington Core Lokt FP factory load - 1900 fps (same 20" barrel)

150 gr Remington Core Lokt - 2470 fps (20" barrel)

150 gr Remington Core Lokt factory load - 2070 fps (same 20" barrel)

30-06 ASS_CLOWN Improved

155 gr AMAX - 3350 fps (22" barrel)

No factory load available for test comparison, but 150 gr factory Remington Core Lokt clocked an ANEMIC 2840 fps in the same 22" barrel!!

180 gr Sierra GameKing - 2961 fps (24" barrel)

180 gr Factory load - 2670 fps (same 24" barrel)

190 gr Sierra MK - 2780 fps (24" barrel)

No 190 gr factory load for test comparison, but the factory 180 gr load was an ANEMIC 2670 fps from the same 24" barrel.

308 Winchester ASS_CLOWN Improved

150 gr Remington Core Lokt - 2900 fps (21" barrel)

150 gr Remington Core Lokt factory load - 2715 fps (same 21" barrel)

---------SPECIAL BONUS-----------

308 Win ASS_CLOWN Improved development load that blew the primer at around 3000 fps

300 Winchester Magnum ASS_CLOWN Improved

200 gr Sierra Game King - 3100 fps (26" barrel)

Factory 180 grain load - 2987 fps (same 26" barrel)

Magnum are BORING!!!

405 Win ASS_CLOWN Improved

400 gr Woodleigh - 2100 fps (24" barrel)

No factory load for comparison, but 300 gr Factory load clocked an ANEMIC 2218 fps.

300gr Hornady FP @ 2542 fps (24" barrel)

405 Hornady factory load - 300 gr @ 2218 fps (same 24" barrel)

---------SPECIAL BONUS-----------

405 Win ASS_CLOWN Improved development load of 400 gr @ 2200 fps, which nearly blows the primer (use face shield when firing)

416 Rigby ASS_CLOWN Improved

400 gr Hornady @ 2740 fps

416 Rigby Factory Load - 400 gr @ 2400 fps (ANEMIC!!)

There are more but I am saving them for another day.

-----------Still under development------------------

Modern Single Shot Falling Block ACTIONS ONLY!!!!

45-70 Gov't ASS_CLOWN Improved

350 gr Berry plated bullet - 2240 fps (22" barrel)

405 gr Remington FP - 2185 fps (22" barrel)

405 gr Remington FP factory load 1295 fps (ANEMIC*10^3)

Shes got plenty more though so stay tuned!! We'll see if we can split the barrel/receiver ring!!! Yeah baby!!!

How do the Ackleys, Gibbs, etc compare to the ASS_CLOWN's line of improved cartridges?

Perhaps the very best thing about the ASS_CLOWN line of Improved cartridges is that they require NO:

1.) Special chambers

2.) Special reloading dies

3.) Special Fire Forming

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Ass_Clown quote:
Quote:

In keeping with my lifestyle I opted to not do a darned thing to the case dimension, cause I am a lazy SOB, and just see what kinda velocity I could squeeze out of the factory case.

ROFLMAO.....Is it legal to have this much fun on the AR forum????? ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!!!!!!

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another crock of shit from the village idiot. Keep up the good work, Turd Boy.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry AC,.the 30/30imp has been done already (30 ardvark) see Hunter class BR winning calibers at present. Just thought I'd save ya a bit of time in the new effort seein as you profess to be a lazy SOB . Oh and I for one will buy a reamer for those big dogs if you can get me those velocities,..not that I need them,..but just because I can

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Looking at some rounds I also think they are underloaded. The 416 Rigby is so underloaded that the 416 rem is the same in loading information. If one puts 416 Rigby brass next to 416 Rem brass one can see something is wrong with this picture,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JustC:

Hey,you're right about the 30-30 Imp and the Aarvark. Actually the Aaardvark has a little less case capacity than the 30-30 AI. Chrono results are 2800fps out of 130 gr bullets and over 3000 out of the current 110 to 120 gr bullets. Funny, that the benchrest crowd is shooting an improved version if the standard chamberings are better isn't it?

knobmtn

Posts: 221 | Location: central Pa. | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
You`re still workin` too hard. A little tinkerin` with the crony screens and you can have any velocity you want.
3000fps ain`t enough with 150s in your `06? cut the spacing half inch or so and watch your improved cartridge shine. Matter of fact all your cartridges will become improved at the same time, saveing ya all kinds of work, and you will have proof (your crony will repete)to show to anyone that questions your results.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Another crock of shit from the village idiot. Keep up the good work, Turd Boy.

You're being MUCH too kind.

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ol' Joe,

No screwing with the chronograph screens. The factory loads and the handloads (improved loads) were fired the same day over the EXACT same chronograph set up, for each cartridge.

By the way, I can easily get better than 3000 fps with a 110 gr Hornady in the 30-30 ASS_CLOWN Improved. Don't believe me, lets go shooting.

Like I said before, I DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE CASES BUT POUR IN MORE POWDER! THE CASES ARE FACTORY STOCK DIMENSIONS.

I would wager that pressure are a tad higher than SAAMI or CIP specifications though.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JustC,

No need for a new reamer, my improved cases USE THE FACTORY CHAMBER AND BRASS AS IS! Absolutely NO dimensional changes!

I will post pictures of the factory cartridge next to an ASS_CLOWN Improved version tonight to provide a visual aid!

ASS_CLOWN

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
quote Ass_Clown:
Quote:

Like I said before, I DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE CASES BUT POUR IN MORE POWDER! THE CASES ARE FACTORY STOCK DIMENSIONS.

Way to go there guy.....you now have a three star rating thread.....how much of it for endeavor to learn and how much for humor I'm not certain of.....but This is better than watching re runs of Hillary's face when she found out about the "stained dress" for raw humor.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
vapodog,

Since your post it seems to have risen to 4 Stars!

Like I said, I will post pictures of standard cartridges next to my ASS_CLOWN Improved cartridges tonight!

The ballistic advantage between the standards and my ASS_CLOWN Improved cartridges IS REAL! How long you would happen to live shooting some of them is another question altogether!!

My reason for posting has nothing to do with humor and everything to do with passing on what I have learned. By the way, for optimum muzzle velocity in the 30-30 ASS_CLOWN Improved with 110 gr Hornady (100 grainer too) use IMR4227! It really rocks and rolls!! Low pressure too, honest.

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are the comparison pics of the factory cartridges next to my ASS_CLOWN Improved versions.

30-30 Winchester factory on the left and the 30-30 ASS_CLOWN Improved on the right.

308 Winchester on the left and the 308 ASS_CLOWN Improved on the right.

30-06 Springfield on the left and the 30-06 ASS_CLOWN Improved on the right.

300 Winchester Magnum on the left and the 300 Win Mag ASS_CLOWN Improved on the right.

416 Rigby on the left and the 416 Rigby ASS_CLOWN Improved on the right.

Last but not least:

The 45-70 Gov't on the left and the 45-70 Gov't ASS_CLOWN Improved on the right.

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT,

No comments on my "new" design and it's often significant increase in muzzle velocity. I might add as well, that when neck sized only, I get awesome case life.

ASS_CLOWN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good post, AC, but I think that if you check the .30-06 photo, you will see that you have the cartridges reversed.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Good post, AC, but I think that if you check the .30-06 photo, you will see that you have the cartridges reversed.

Yea, I wondered if that was so as well.....

Hey Ass_Clown.....here is a list of cartridges that will respond favorably to your "Ass_Clown" improved techniques:

1 7MM Mauser (american loads)
2. .257 Roberts (standard)
3. 8MM Mauser (American loads)
4. .416 Rigby
5. .222 Rem
6. .250 Savage
7. 6.5 X 55 Swede

All of these if fired in a modern bolt action (disclaimer needed) will benefit dramatically by alteration to the ASS_Clown improved series.

Especially the .257 Roberts.....I'd bet that you can even equal the performance of the touted .257 AI version